If you have been to the Oregon Coast you know how magical it is. But once you step into Cape Kiwanda, you really start to wonder if the place is even real.
With incredible rock formations and sand dunes, Cape Kiwanda is an absolutely dreamy location for maternity photos.
Things to Know About Visiting Cape Kiwanda
Cape Kiwanda is a scenic and popular destination located on the Oregon coast in the United States. Here are some things to know about visiting Cape Kiwanda:
- Location: Cape Kiwanda is located in Pacific City, Oregon, about 2.5 hours west of Portland. It is part of the larger Three Capes Scenic Route, which also includes Cape Meares and Cape Lookout.
- Natural attractions: Cape Kiwanda is known for its stunning natural beauty. A wide, sandy beach, towering sand dunes, and dramatic rock formations are all you could ask for. The cape is also home to a variety of wildlife, including seabirds and marine mammals.
- Outdoor activities: You can enjoy a range of outdoor activities at Cape Kiwanda, such as surfing, kayaking, hiking, and fishing. The cape is also a popular spot for sandboarding, a unique activity that involves sliding down the sand dunes on a board.
- Safety precautions: It’s always good to be aware of the potential hazards at the Coast, such as strong ocean currents and unstable sand dunes. It’s important to follow all posted safety signs and stay within designated areas.
- Amenities: The cape is home to several amenities, including a large parking lot, public restrooms, and picnic areas. There are also several restaurants and shops nearby (checkout this delicious bakery and coffeeshop), as well as rental facilities for outdoor equipment.
- Seasonal considerations: Cape Kiwanda is beautiful all year around. Summer months tend to be the busiest and offer the warmest weather, while winter months are less crowded and can provide excellent opportunities for storm-watching.
- Conservation efforts: Cape Kiwanda is a protected area, being mindful of our action’s impact on the environment is a no-brainer. Practice the Leave No Trace principles and respect the natural beauty of the cape, please.
Your Oregon Coast Maternity Session